Are you the kind of person that is always thinking, sketching, seeking, and adjusting? Who needs to understand how things work and then figure out how they can work better? Are you a passionate, tenacious, solver who loves to work with others who share your drive? Are you positive, constructive, and ingenious?
Are you always solving?
Then we’d like to meet you and bet you’d like to meet us.
Ashland LLC has an exciting opportunity for a Laboratory Technician to join our Ashland BDO group at our Lima, Ohio location. This is a very significant role within the Company and the critical functions that are required. This position will report to the Laboratory Supervisor/Chemist.
The responsibilities of the position include, but are not limited to, the following:
• Runs routine, in-process analyses to support Operations, and keeps accurate records of data.
• Performs QC testing of all outgoing product.
• Purchase necessary laboratory supplies and chemicals.
• Calibrates and maintains laboratory equipment in an accordance with the published procedures and documents as required.
• Communicates test results with Operations and Distribution, including Quality, Environmental, or Safety related problems.
• Assists with plant troubleshooting during upset conditions.
• Records data in the Laboratory Information Management System (LIMS)
• Maintains continuous good housekeeping practices and disposes of samples properly.
• Works with Operations to ensure products meet the quality standards required by our customers, ISO, and other regulatory requirements.
• Minimum travel.
**This job is based on a ladder structure and the job level (salary) will be determined by the quantity and quality of your experience.
To be qualified for this role, you must possess the following:
• Minimum of 2 years+ of laboratory experience
• Knowledge of laboratory terminology and equipment including wet test methods, GC, HPLC, and auto titrators.
• Must be able to wear and properly utilize personal protective equipment while working in the laboratory or getting samples in the manufacturing plant.
• Must have the ability to work independently, complete assignments in a timely and efficient manner, and be able to interact effectively with other site employees.
• Must be authorized to work in the United States.
The following skill sets are preferred by the business unit:
• Associates degree or above.
TO APPLY FOR THIS POSITION, please select the Apply button. If no Apply button is provided, please visit Ashland's Career Center. Once there, enter job number 2018-7150 in the Keyword Search field to find this posting and apply on-line.
NOTE: We do not accept resumes from external staffing agencies or independent recruiters for any of our openings unless we have a signed recruiting agreement in place to fill a specific position.
Ashland Global Holdings Inc. (NYSE: ASH) is a premier, global specialty chemicals company serving customers in a wide range of consumer and industrial markets, including adhesives, architectural coatings, automotive, construction, energy, food and beverage, personal care and pharmaceutical. At Ashland, we are approximately 6,500 passionate, tenacious solvers – from renowned scientists and research chemists to talented engineers and plant operators – who thrive on developing practical, innovative and elegant solutions to complex problems for customers in more than 100 countries. Our people are distinguished by their ability to create and apply specialized chemistry in ways that enable customers to amplify the efficacy, refine the usability, add to the allure, ensure the integrity, and improve the profitability of their products and applications. Visit ashland.com to learn more.
Ashland. always solving™
We are passionate, tenacious, solvers who thrive on developing practical, innovative and elegant solutions to complex problems in applied chemistry, always pushing the boundaries of what’s possible, and advancing the competitiveness of our customers across diverse industries.
Our people—molecular scientists, chemists, process engineers, logisticians, research scientists, economists, analysts, compliance auditors, salespeople, safety experts and more—are distinguished by their ability to create and apply specialized chemistry in ways that enable customers to amplify the efficacy, refine the usability, add to the allure, ensure the integrity, and improve the profitability of their products and applications.
The Ashland Way
Our vision, mission, way and values are the foundation for what makes Ashland, Ashland. What we aspire to accomplish, how we work every day toward that vision, and the way that we do things are what give substance to the promises we make to each other, customers and investors.
Our vision is to make a better world by providing creative solutions through the application of specialty ingredients and materials.
Our mission is to develop practical, innovative, and elegant solutions to complex problems in applied chemistry, always pushing the boundaries of what’s possible, and advancing the competitiveness of our customers across diverse industries.
Our way is to respect, protect, and advance the people we work with, companies we serve, shareholders who invest in our future, communities we’re a part of, and planet we share.
Ashland is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.
Ashland is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.