Are you looking to join a team where you are valued for your contribution? Then come be a part of Ashland Credit Union. We are a full-service financial institution that has been serving members throughout the United States since 1942. We are looking for an enthusiastic, motivated individual to fill a full-time position as an Accountant at our branch located in Ashland, KY.
The primary purpose of this position is to assist Ashland Credit Union to live out its Mission of "Building lifelong financial relationships in order to maximize the financial well-being of our members, one member at a time.” The Accountant performs tasks necessary to balance and update general ledger and subsidiary accounts, maintain and reconcile cash accounts daily, and manage other accounting-related duties.
• Ensure that all activities are processed in accordance with GAAP.
• Prepare, pay, and file all accounts payable for the credit union. Research and resolve discrepancies.
• Maintain all required records necessary for properly filing year end 1099-MISC forms and oversee the filing of said forms.
• Journalize all necessary transactions and ensure general ledger is in balance daily.
• Analyze and reconcile various general ledger account activity.
• Perform a variety of activities to assist the Accounting manager in maintaining the financial, statistical, and accounting records of the credit union.
• Research and respond to member questions while providing member education if necessary.
• Follow approved ACU retention practices, including the scanning of accounting related documents into the credit union’s document imaging system.
• Update job specific procedures as necessary to reflect current operations, reviewing annually at a minimum.
• Strictly adhere to all ACU policies, procedures and applicable state and federal compliance standards to protect our members and the credit union from financial harm.
**This job is based on a ladder structure and the job level (salary) will be determined by the quantity and quality of your experience.
• Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or related field
• Knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP)
• High degree of accuracy with attention to detail
• Strong analytical skills
• Proficient in MS Excel
• Applicants must be authorized to work in the United States
TO APPLY FOR THIS POSITION, please select the Apply button. If no Apply button is provided, please visit Ashland's Career Center. Once there, enter job number 2018-7149 in the Keyword Search field to find this posting and apply on-line.
NOTE: We do not accept resumes from external staffing agencies or independent recruiters for any of our openings unless we have a signed recruiting agreement in place to fill a specific position.
Ashland Global Holdings Inc. (NYSE: ASH) is a premier, global specialty chemicals company serving customers in a wide range of consumer and industrial markets, including adhesives, architectural coatings, automotive, construction, energy, food and beverage, personal care and pharmaceutical. At Ashland, we are approximately 6,500 passionate, tenacious solvers – from renowned scientists and research chemists to talented engineers and plant operators – who thrive on developing practical, innovative and elegant solutions to complex problems for customers in more than 100 countries. Our people are distinguished by their ability to create and apply specialized chemistry in ways that enable customers to amplify the efficacy, refine the usability, add to the allure, ensure the integrity, and improve the profitability of their products and applications. Visit ashland.com to learn more.
Ashland. always solving™
We are passionate, tenacious, solvers who thrive on developing practical, innovative and elegant solutions to complex problems in applied chemistry, always pushing the boundaries of what’s possible, and advancing the competitiveness of our customers across diverse industries.
Our people—molecular scientists, chemists, process engineers, logisticians, research scientists, economists, analysts, compliance auditors, salespeople, safety experts and more—are distinguished by their ability to create and apply specialized chemistry in ways that enable customers to amplify the efficacy, refine the usability, add to the allure, ensure the integrity, and improve the profitability of their products and applications.
The Ashland Way
Our vision, mission, way and values are the foundation for what makes Ashland, Ashland. What we aspire to accomplish, how we work every day toward that vision, and the way that we do things are what give substance to the promises we make to each other, customers and investors.
Our vision is to make a better world by providing creative solutions through the application of specialty ingredients and materials.
Our mission is to develop practical, innovative, and elegant solutions to complex problems in applied chemistry, always pushing the boundaries of what’s possible, and advancing the competitiveness of our customers across diverse industries.
Our way is to respect, protect, and advance the people we work with, companies we serve, shareholders who invest in our future, communities we’re a part of, and planet we share.
Ashland is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.
Ashland is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.