Are you the kind of person that is always thinking, sketching, seeking, and adjusting? Who needs to understand how things work and then figure out how they can work better? Are you a passionate, tenacious, solver who loves to work with others who share your drive? Are you positive, constructive, and ingenious?
Are you always solving?
Then we’d like to meet you and bet you’d like to meet us.
Ashland LLC has an exciting opportunity for a Packaging Supervisor to join our Manufacturing Group at our Texas City, TX location. This is a very visible, significant role within the Company and the packaging function. This position will report to the Operations Manager.
The responsibilities of the position include, but are not limited to, the following:
• Ensures that the packaged products meet customer quality expectations.
• Ensures that all work in the packaging area is done in a safe and efficient manner.
• Utilizes effective leadership over direct reports to maximize employee productivity and contribution.
• Works with Operations and Quality departments to investigate quality complaints and implement corrective actions.
• Takes the necessary steps to ensure that the department is operated with the appropriate/qualified manpower at all times.
• Supports implementation of programs and procedures to optimize production and continually improve processes.
• Develops and maintains training material and procedures to standardize work for all packagers.
• Assists with the on-the-job training (OJT) program and completion of walk-through certification.
• Participates in Safety, Quality and Environmental initiatives that will contribute to compliance of State/Federal regulations and improve existing Company programs.
• Holds employees accountable for performance in safety, quality, productivity.
• Requires travel <5%.
**This job is based on a ladder structure and the job level (salary) will be determined by the quantity and quality of your experience.
In order to be qualified for this role, you must possess the following:
• 4 years chemical plant supervisory experience or, 4 years equivalent military leadership experience.
• A minimum of a High School diploma.
• Ability to lead and manage others effectively.
• Excellent written and oral communication skills.
• Ability to identify critical issues and formulate action plans.
• Develop and foster a positive work environment at all levels.
• Resolve conflicts through problem resolution skills.
• The candidate must also be able to wear and properly utilize appropriate personal protective equipment when required to work within the manufacturing area.
• Other physical activities may include walking, climbing stairs, bending, stooping, kneeling, lifting up to 25 lbs.
The following skill sets are preferred by the business unit:
• Prior Lean Manufacturing experience.
• Four years supervisory experience or equivalent military leadership experience.
TO APPLY FOR THIS POSITION, please select the Apply button. If no Apply button is provided, please visit Ashland's Career Center. Once there, enter job number 2018-7135 in the Keyword Search field to find this posting and apply on-line.
NOTE: We do not accept resumes from external staffing agencies or independent recruiters for any of our openings unless we have a signed recruiting agreement in place to fill a specific position.
Ashland Global Holdings Inc. (NYSE: ASH) is a premier, global specialty chemicals company serving customers in a wide range of consumer and industrial markets, including adhesives, architectural coatings, automotive, construction, energy, food and beverage, personal care and pharmaceutical. At Ashland, we are approximately 6,500 passionate, tenacious solvers – from renowned scientists and research chemists to talented engineers and plant operators – who thrive on developing practical, innovative and elegant solutions to complex problems for customers in more than 100 countries. Our people are distinguished by their ability to create and apply specialized chemistry in ways that enable customers to amplify the efficacy, refine the usability, add to the allure, ensure the integrity, and improve the profitability of their products and applications. Visit ashland.com to learn more.
Ashland. always solving™
We are passionate, tenacious, solvers who thrive on developing practical, innovative and elegant solutions to complex problems in applied chemistry, always pushing the boundaries of what’s possible, and advancing the competitiveness of our customers across diverse industries.
Our people—molecular scientists, chemists, process engineers, logisticians, research scientists, economists, analysts, compliance auditors, salespeople, safety experts and more—are distinguished by their ability to create and apply specialized chemistry in ways that enable customers to amplify the efficacy, refine the usability, add to the allure, ensure the integrity, and improve the profitability of their products and applications.
The Ashland Way
Our vision, mission, way and values are the foundation for what makes Ashland, Ashland. What we aspire to accomplish, how we work every day toward that vision, and the way that we do things are what give substance to the promises we make to each other, customers and investors.
Our vision is to make a better world by providing creative solutions through the application of specialty ingredients and materials.
Our mission is to develop practical, innovative, and elegant solutions to complex problems in applied chemistry, always pushing the boundaries of what’s possible, and advancing the competitiveness of our customers across diverse industries.
Our way is to respect, protect, and advance the people we work with, companies we serve, shareholders who invest in our future, communities we’re a part of, and planet we share.
Ashland is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.
Ashland is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.