- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, computer engineering, information technology, management information systems or equivalent,
- 3 years of IT experience with 2 years of security related experience with industry recognized security certification a plus:
- CompTIA Security+
- GSEC: SANS GIAC Security Essentials
- CISSP: Certified Information Systems Security Professional
- CISM: Certified Information Security Manager
- CRISC: Certified in Risk and Information Systems Control
- 3 years of infrastructure related support or architecture
- 3 years of networking related support
- 3 years of technical security related experience
- 2 years of cloud based infrastructure support
- 3 years of Linux\Unix\AIX\Solaris\BSD experience
- Security and Identity management related experience at large organizations, with virtual and subcontractor resources
- Strong writing and presentation skills
- Strong process facilitation and organizational skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong analytical and problem-solving abilities and strong customer service orientation
- Ability to work with highly confidential and sensitive internal employee matters
- Knowledge of Security Controls
- Certifications: GSEC, CISSP, CISSP, CISM, CRISC or related certifications
- Knowledge of information security application and implementing an information security program
- Familiarity with external/internal attack and penetration assessments, information security risk assessments, security vulnerability assessments, IT audit assessments, network server and application security assessments, security policy standards & procedure development
- Ability to work with all levels of internal employees and vendors, including non-technical and senior management in a consultative \ SME capacity.
- Knowledge of troubleshooting security and identity platform applications on Windows Server OS, Redhat Linux and SAAS applications like DUO and Netskope
Technical Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- General IT experience – demonstrated proficiency in a wide range of IT security technologies, embedded security and security & identity platforms
- Networking – Broad high level understanding of technologies
- Protocols – Basic understanding of various standard protocols, ports and their uses
- Security Tools and techniques – Advanced understanding of security technologies and their uses.
- Infrastructure – In depth knowledge of various systems and infrastructure
- Security Best Practices – Working knowledge of Security Industry best practices, Familiarity with external/internal attack and penetration assessments, information security risk assessments, security vulnerability assessments, IT audit assessments, network server and application security assessments, security policy and procedure standards
- Operating Systems – In depth \ working knowledge of industry standard server and client OSes. Windows Server, Windows client OS, Linux
- Troubleshooting Skills – Advanced troubleshooting skills with applications residing on Windows Server OS, Redhat Linux and SAAS applications (DUO, Netskope)
- Team Player – Ability to work with all levels of cyber security personnel. Entry level to Senior Engineer in a fast paced, dynamic environment to include external contractors and managed service providers
- Project Management – Ability to Manage multiple projects with broad scope, ambiguity and high degree of difficulty
- Time Management – Ability to prioritize workload and deliver critical objectives on time
- Critical Thinking – Ability to think critically, gather and interpret complex qualitative or quantitative data where problems are typically unusual and difficult
- Interpersonal Skills – Strong writing and presentation skills, strong customer service orientation, ability to work with external cyber security team, internal physical\corporate security team, Managed Service Provider and other teams as needed
- Personal Integrity – Ability to work with highly confidential and sensitive internal business\employee matters
- Operational Technical Support – Provide operational support for Security and Identity related platforms including: ForgeRock, DUO, Netskope, Active Directory, Tivoli Ldap
LEADERSHIP SKILLS & COMPETENCIES:
- Strategic Agility – assist in executing security strategies based on the input from 3rd party Cyber Security consulting firm.
- Command Skills - Maintains information security policies, procedures, and standards.
- Motivating Others - Initiates, facilitates, and promotes activities to create information security awareness throughout organization.
- Action Oriented - Works closely with 3rd party Cyber Security consulting firm to preempt, mitigate, and swiftly respond to any audit findings that require action. Ensures that when cyberattacks occur or data is stolen or compromised, these incidents are dealt with promptly and effectively and assuring reoccurrence is minimum.
- Drive for Results - Ensure that the Security and Identity platforms provide value to the organization, looks for expansion opportunities and feature improvements
- Decision Quality – Makes good decisions based upon a mixture of analysis, wisdom, experience and judgement.
- Problem Solving - Uses logic and methods to solve difficult problems with effective solutions. Troubleshoot application related issues on Security and Identity Platforms
TO APPLY FOR THIS POSITION, please select the Apply button. If no Apply button is provided, please visit Ashland's Career Center. Once there, enter job number 2017-6903 in the Keyword Search field to find this posting and apply on-line.
NOTE: We do not accept resumes from external staffing agencies or independent recruiters for any of our openings unless we have a signed recruiting agreement in place to fill a specific position.
Ashland Global Holdings Inc. (NYSE: ASH) is a premier global specialty chemicals company serving customers in a wide range of consumer and industrial markets, including adhesives, architectural coatings, automotive, construction, energy, food and beverage, personal care and pharmaceutical. At Ashland, we are 6,000 passionate, tenacious solvers - from renowned scientists and research chemists to talented engineers and plant operators - who thrive on developing practical, innovative and elegant solutions to complex problems for customers in more than 100 countries. Ashland also maintains a controlling interest in Valvoline Inc. (NYSE: VVV), a premium consumer-branded lubricant supplier. Visit ashland.com to learn more.
Ashland. always solving™
We are passionate, tenacious, solvers who thrive on developing practical, innovative and elegant solutions to complex problems in applied chemistry, always pushing the boundaries of what’s possible, and advancing the competitiveness of our customers across diverse industries.
Our people—molecular scientists, chemists, process engineers, logisticians, research scientists, economists, analysts, compliance auditors, salespeople, safety experts and more—are distinguished by their ability to create and apply specialized chemistry in ways that enable customers to amplify the efficacy, refine the usability, add to the allure, ensure the integrity, and improve the profitability of their products and applications.
The Ashland Way
Our vision, mission, way and values are the foundation for what makes Ashland, Ashland. What we aspire to accomplish, how we work every day toward that vision, and the way that we do things are what give substance to the promises we make to each other, customers and investors.
Our vision is to make a better world by providing creative solutions through the application of specialty ingredients and materials.
Our mission is to develop practical, innovative, and elegant solutions to complex problems in applied chemistry, always pushing the boundaries of what’s possible, and advancing the competitiveness of our customers across diverse industries.
Our way is to respect, protect, and advance the people we work with, companies we serve, shareholders who invest in our future, communities we’re a part of, and planet we share.
Ashland is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.
Ashland is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.